Re: MGB = Multi Gauge Breakdown

To: british-cars@hoosier, uunet!neocad.com!stern
Subject: Re: MGB = Multi Gauge Breakdown
From: pacdata!dave@UCSD.EDU (Dave Ambrose)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 13:54:09 PDT

>      The Prince of Darkness strikes during daylight...
>      On my morning commute, I noticed that my tach, temperature and fuel
> gauges went out.  (Oil pressure gauge still on).  I stopped at an appt. for
> about 20 minutes and went I came back out and fired up, everything was working
> the rest of the way in to work.
>      Is this my voltage stabilizer getting ready to die?  What would cause it
> to become temporarily unstable?  Or is there something else going on?
> This is a 74 MGB.

        Clean your fuse holder.  This smells(?) like a classic case of one
circuit going out.  I think maybe th4e turn signals should have gone too.

        A little fine emery paper should do the trick.  If it's really badly
corroded,  replace it.  Last time I looked,  they were pretty cheap.  Must
be the high volume production. :-)

        Dave Ambrose
        dave@pacdata.com