Re: LBCs on TV

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBCs on TV
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 16:35:46 CDT
Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> writes:
> I've seen this commercial several times during the past few months.
> Until the last time I saw it a couple of days ago I assumed that whoever
> shot this film rented someone's concours MGA as a prop; but on closer
> inspection it appeared to me that this MGA had a number of flaws in the
> paint along the side of the car.  Wonder if it actually belonged to
> someone connected to the making of the commercial?

Most likely not, unless they were lucky. In order for your own Pride and
Joy to get into films, all you need to do is call one of the casting
agencies listed in the Yellow Pages. In addition to keeping a file of
faces for extras in backgrounds, etc., they usually also keep a file of
cars, particularly old ones (they can always go to Hertz for new ones)
and unusual types. The car does NOT have to be mint; after all, a movie
set in the 1960's, say, will need a few rough-looking '50's models in
the background.

I got my TransAm and the wife's GTO into a couple of movies a few years
back. They usually pay you upwards of $50-$100/day for the privilege;
more if they need you to drive it.

-- Andy