Problems with my MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Problems with my MGB
From: Douglas.R.Beekman@Dartmouth.EDU
Date: 20 Aug 92 17:28:43 EDT
I would appreciate any help with the following problems:

My 1979 MGB has a 1799cc engine with an aftermarket Weber downdraft carb and
headers. I am experiencing very sluggish acceleration, if I am not very
careful while accelerating, the car momentairly "stalls" and then catches
again when I ease off the accelerator. I think the accelerator pump may be
too active, flooding out the engine. Does this sound probable? If so, what
can be done about it?
        I'm having another problem with water leaking in under the dashboard.
Both MGs I have owned have had this problem, and despite many hours of labor,
I havn't found the solution. Any suggestions?
        One last thing. I seem to be developing some significant amounts of
rust rather quickly directly behind the front wheels on the bottom panel.
Could there be a place that is holding water? Is there anything I can do to
prevent or at least slow the process after I have the rust removed?
        Thank you for any suggestions.
Doug
douglas.beekman@dartmouth.edu