weber, manifolds, belts

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: weber, manifolds, belts
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Fri Aug 21 07:52:08 1992
A few questions, comments..

I have just acquired a good used 45DCOE13 Weber and manifold to eventually
be installed on my mini.  Does anyone know of a good reasonable priced
source of jets, rebuild kits etc.  I have to buy a bunch of jets to cover
 various running, atmospheric conditions etc.

also, has anyone heard of a C/T brand manifold. That is what the carb came
with and I am trying to decide whether it is suitable for mini race use.

On another note, I decided to switch to a larger water pump pulley to slow
the fan (cuts drag, cools better since water stays in the radiator long
enough to transfer more heat).  I am using the larger Winners Circle pulley.
BE aware that all A series use different belts (of the non-adjustable variety)
If you decide to do this conversion, note the differences.  After 3 tries, I
found the right size. 3/8 x 28.5.  I found that a belt which would work fine
on  another 1275 would be way too loose on my car.  neither of the cars have
had the block line bored, which would change the size.  948s use a slightly
smaller size which at first glance appears that it will work, but ultimately
will not.

If you are still running a charging system, you will not have this problem.

jim