header installation blues

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: header installation blues
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 14:16:16 -0400
        I had the misfortune of spending Saturday installing a
crappy header on my spitfire.  About all I can say for it is that
it is now on the car and it has to be better than a completely
broken cast iron original.  I am worried that the header is too
close to the oil pan.  It is less than a 1/4 of an inch.  I think
it might dissipate too much heat to the engine oil.  Should I
be concerned about this?  I suppose to be safe, I'd better wrap
it.  Can someone recommend a good insulating tape?

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu