Cobra wannabes

To: "british-cars@autox.team.net"@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Cobra wannabes
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 13:50:56 -0500
I was watching some auto auction on satellite the other day and they had
a Cobra wannabe up for bidding. It had a big rubber read bumper (oooh,
makes me all excited to get rid of that chrome ... NOT) but the front end
looked pretty original. It was powered by a Chevy mill (I still remember my
high school car lingo) and had Mustang suspension and read end. It was
posh inside, and looked pretty cool, until you get to that dang stoopid
rear end.

Bidding was to start around $30k.

This was a brand new car, and had a warranty and everything.  I get the
impression there are lots of Cobra wannabes lurking our streets. At least
this one didn't have a VW engine....

Hmm, wonder if they'll ever make TR250 wannabes....

Larry