exhaust system

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust system
From: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 08:25:27 -0400
I recently installed a Falcon stainless steel system on my Sprite.  It came
in pieces which upon clamping did not leak.   Sprite systems are already
clamped in two places, why not a third?  However, if you really want
an "all welded" (are you going to weld on the muffler?!)  system
Penn-Jersey stores used to custom bend pipes real cheap
( my single piece from header to muffler was about $40).  Their pipe lasted
for
about twelve years and 30,000 miles (on my car) and looked identical to the
original
equipment.  I would have done it that way again if I was still living near
that store ( its in Maryland, maybe, the way businesses have been closing
up
over the last few years.......)  Anyway, the Falcon exhaust is real
easy to install, just count on destroying most of the old mounting
brackets on removal of the old system ( even if you don't).
Mark