Re: Cool/heat? carbs

To: paisley@cme.nist.gov
Subject: Re: Cool/heat? carbs
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 92 15:16:24 CST
Scotty Paisley writes >

>I think
>those rubber buffers are there to insulate the carbs from the extra heat.

I don't think heat is the reason.  On some Loti, there are rubber mounts twixt
the carbs and manifold to prevent engine vibration from affecting the carbs.

I have a 45DCOE Weber on my Renault-engined Europa.  I do not have any soft
mounts.  Is this likely to be a problem?

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Carburetor is a French word meaning 'leave the damned things alone'."
                                                                 - Dick O'Kane