Re: Oil pressure in MGB

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CC.UTAH.EDU, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure in MGB
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 10:47:45 -0500
Dean_Zywicki@NIHDCRT.BITNET scribed:
> scoring.  I was planning on just doing the three middle sets and not
> worry about the two end sets.

I did this in my 65 'B back in 1982- engine in car and all. It needed
a head gasket, and I also changed the pistons & a couple valves.
That engine has seen a lot of use since then, and is currently in
Tilly's '74 GT. It is getting to be time for a rebuild, cuz it's
down on power (probably cam or valves), but the oil pressure has
been fine.

> I was asking if the mains or the rod bearing would be
> more responsible for low oil pressure.

Whatever is most worn, allowing more oil to pass. Usually rods first,
(due to the pounding they take) then the inner mains (due to crank flex.)
*****************
Sorta LBC content: Steve & I bought go-karts at an auction this weekend
near Mcgraw, NY- place owned by some folks named Jones, kid named Davy.
(Yes, that Davy Jones) Detailed article available on request.

Roger -karts on slicks in the rain on grass, mud, leaves=
        no traction, but big grin- Garnett

                (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."