Honda in England

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Honda in England
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1992 10:30:03 -0500
Hello friends!

I have a question which may be British Car or non-British Car related.
Depends on how you look at it.

Does anyone know what the Acura models in the US are called in England?
I know that Acura doesn't exist in England, but that the cars are sold
under the Honda badge (perhaps Rover too???).  I'm particularly intrigued
to know what the Acura Integra is called.

I was wondering if any of our England residents on the list knew?

Finally, just what relationship remains between Honda and Rover?  I seem
to remember reading recently that a new Rover has been built, with Honda
mechanicals, that would have been shipped to the US as the latest Sterling
model.

If this subject is too close to Japanese cars and is too much about modern
cars then just e-mail back to me only.  I need an answer for a discussion
I was having with me Dad in England on the telephone the other day.  I don't
feel like bouncing this off of rec.autos, and I reckon that I would get a
much more knowledgable answer from my esteemed colleagues on the britcars
e-mail list anyway!

        Thanks very much in advance!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert