Bugeye back on the road

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye back on the road
From: droms@sol.cs.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 93 06:35:38 EDT
had to get it out of the garage where it's been sitting for 6 years - I
completed some last minute sworking on the driver's side front brakes,
made a trip to the local tag shop for Pennsylvania tags, and got my
Bugeye back on the road this past weekend.  I took my kids for a
couple of shakedown trips around the block - they are 7 and 5 and had
never seen the car move under its own power before.  I think I'm
training a new generation of SOLs, as they both think Dad's car is
cool now that it works again.

Semi-interesting sidebar on the registration - the car had previously
been registered in New York.  When I went to transfer the registration
to Pennsylvania, one of theitems I had to bring with me was a pencil
rubbing of the VIN plate for the serial number.  No problem, I
thought, I'll just reeach down here past the exhaust manifold and get
the number from the plate on the chassis.  Oops, that number doesn't
match the number on the registration card.  Well, I know there's
another number on the engine, we'll try that one ... nuts, that
plate's gone altogether.  I made a call to the local fixer of LBCs,
who reminded me of a third serial number on the driver's side door
jamb.  Sure enough, that one matched the registration card, and was
enough to satisfy the local officals who then gave me the PA tags.

THe bad news is that I seem to have ham-fisted the brake line during
my last bit of sworking.  So I'm sending the Sprite off to the local
shop for that repair and state inspection (after tomorrow's move, I
won't have garage space until our new house is completed in December).
For now, anyway, one more LBC is back on the road...

- Ralph