Cars for sale in Oregon & SW Washington

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars for sale in Oregon & SW Washington
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 93 12:13:21 -0700
Every so often I have to justify to myself the purchase of my hand scanner.
(This is not unlike the process I go through periodically while I'm sworking
on the Lotus.)

This morning the justification consisted of scanning in seven advertisements
from the July 1 issue of Auto Trader for Oregon and Southwest Washington.  I've
reproduced the text of the ads below, and will gladly E-mail an 800 dpi image
of the entire photo-ad to anyone who's interested.

-----

1960 Austin-Healy BT7, white, MK1, black int. wires, perfect int, paint,
numerous spares, garaged 25 years, 15K mi since engine rebuild, electric OD,
hardtop, 85-point Concours.  all orig.  $16,000.  503-752-1293.  Corvallis, OR.

-----

1960 TR3 red-roadster, recent top, tonneau, int, engine, trans & much more.
All mechanicals are strong.  A very nice car for summer touring.  $7995.
503-667-0720.  Gresham, OR.

-----

1962 MGA Mark-II, 30K mi, all rblt or new, red out, black in, white top.
$9900.  503-447-5669.  Prineville, OR.

-----

1962 Triumph TR3A, British Racing Green, fresh paint, leather int, wire
whls, all new chrome, nice, nice.  $12,250.  TOM'S IMPORT TOY SALES,
503-233-8977.  Portland, OR.

-----

1967 Jaguar MK-II, dark green, chrome wires, very good 3.4L engine, an
affordable collectable for only $6950.  Interesting trades considered.
TOM'S IMPORT TOY SALES, 503-233-8977.  Portland, OR.

-----

1976 Triumph TR-6, 4 spd/OD, well maint'd, 3rd owner.  New radio w/tape
deck, Inca yellow w/black int, 2 extra tires included.  Hate to sell.
$6500.  503-484-6414.  Eugene, OR.

-----

1981 Triumph TR-8, I have owned this auto for 7 yrs, stored in heated
garage, only 15,500 mi, V8 FI, 5 spd, gold/gold int, xlnt cond.  Wife
says must sell.  $10,000.  206-693-9032.  Vancouver, WA.

-----

The images are in GIF format, although I can easily convert them to just
about anything.  They're generally pretty good, although the screening
used in the magazine caused some odd artifacts in a few of the darker
ones when I scanned them.  If you'd like to see any of these pictures,
give me a shout.

(I've never seen any of these vehicles "in the sheet metal" -- all standard
disclaimers apply, etc., etc.)

-coryc

|     >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<     |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Senior Tech Writer  |                                   |
| Sequent Computer Systems, Incorporated | "On the Internet, nobody knows    |
|  coryc@sequent.com                     |  you're a dog."                   |