good time at the vintage races...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: good time at the vintage races...
From: Imagine your logo here. 07-Jul-1993 1531 <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 15:31:25 PDT
I went to the SOVERN vintage races at seattle International Raceway this past
weekend and had a blast. It was my first trip to watch the vintage racers. It
was great seeing these older cars put through their paces. I only got to see 4
heats but the cars include Jags,TR's, MG's, Loti,Mercedes,Ford and a bunch of
others. One of the heats even included Mario Andrettis 1977 Indy car (it came
in
3rd) as well as a few older Indy cars.

Watching the sprints, super Vs and bugeyes fly around was a trip. Bruce McCaw
(one of the McCaw cellular brothers) had a different car in almost every heat.
He even raced a gullwing Mercedes in one heat. I'd love to be able to spend
1/10th of what he does on cars every year.

If you ever get a chance to see the vintage racers in your area give it a whirl.
The announcers were telling some great stories about the racers and cars when
they were new as well.

John

BTW - I got my 1970 MG Midget through Washington states new emissions (rolling
road) with flying colors the other day with a DGV Weber and no other emission
equipment.