Re: Problem: My Wife wants and Alfa, other stuff

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Problem: My Wife wants and Alfa, other stuff
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 09:06:10 EDT
Teriann J. Wakeman writes:

 > The best way to cure her is to let her have her wish.  Otherwise
 > that longing will always be sitting there.

I have to agree with Teriann.  A few weeks back, my wife *had* to have
a Jeep Wrangler.  I insisted that she wanted a Land Rover, but she
wouldn't buy it.  So we got the Jeep.  And actually, now that we have
it, I think it's pretty cool!  At least it has a straight six and the
top comes off.  :-)

Brit stuff...

Well, I found my clunk in my front end.  What?  You didn't know I had
a clunk in the front of the TR6?  Yep...  It's been there for quite a
while, and I finally figured that I should try and figure it out
before the 1600 mile trek to Boulder.  Can you say ball joints?  I
knew you could.  They were trash!  Not a smooth spot on them.  As I
moved the old joint it would crunch & click from one position to the
next.  Yuck!  I also replaced the gator boots on the steering rack
with the fresh new ones from TRF.  Hey Roland, they came with the
correct clamps!  Not a cable tie among them.  I did replace them with
a proper cable or two.  :-) Unfortunately, I trashed the rubber boots
on the tie rod ends whilst removing them.  So I guess I'll replace
those tonight.  They must've needed replacing anyway...  What else can
I replace before I leave?  (Don't answer that. ;-)

---
Too many hands on my time, Too many feelings -- Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find,
When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind...            -Neal Peart

-Scotty