Jaguar Bibliography

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jaguar Bibliography
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 14 Jul 1993 16:13:27 U
                       Subject:                               Time:3:51 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Jaguar Bibliography                    Date:7/14/93
Re: Jaguar Bibiography
Great list, Patrick! I presume you want to leave off anything published by the
factory such as Owners Handbooks, Service Manuals and Parts Catalogues.
I looked through my own library and found some more not on the list. I don't
know how to add them on to your text file, so I'll post them so someone who
knows how can do it. This list could get to be endless!

Hassan, Walter T. F., O.B.E.; Jaguar V12 Engine, its Design and Background;
published 1976-77 by the Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers Richmond,
Surrey, UK ;  52 p. illus b&w, 8 1/4"

62-13143; Vandiest, C.L.; Jaguar Cars - A Practical Guide Covering all Standard
Production Models from 1946; 1961 Arco Publishing, NY; 264 p. illus b&w, 7 1/2"

ISBN 1-55521-334-0; Clausager, Anders Ditlev; Jaguar, a Living Legend; @1990
Brian Todd Publ. and Chartwell Books, Secaucus, NJ; 200 p. illus color; 12 1/4"

ISBN 0-671-06253-0; Kowal, Bron; Jaguar; @1983 Color Library Intl.; 52 p. illus
color; 8-5/8"

ISBN 1-873098-21-9; Skilleter, Paul; Practical Classics and Car Restorer on XK
Jaguar Restoration; @1991 Kelsey Publ., UK; 82 p. illus b&w, 11 3/4"

ISBN 0-89009-339-3; LC 79-57582; Garnier, Peter; Jaguar Sports; @1975 Chartwell
Books, 159 p. illus b&w, 12"

ISBN 0-792-45333-6; Skilleter, Paul; Jaguar; @1990 Mallard Press & Brompton
Books, 112 p. illus color, 14 1/4"

ISBN 0-7064-1687-2; Harvey,Chris; Great Marques - Jaguar; @1982 Octopus Books,
80 p. illus color, 12 1/2"

ISBN 0-8300-0308-8; Harvey, Chris; Great Marques Jaguar Poster Book; @1985
Octopus Books, 48 p. illus color, 12"

ISBN 1-85532-184-X; Morland, Andrew; E-Type Jaguar; @1991 Osprey Publ., London;
128 p. illus color, 9"

ISBN 08317-51274; Wright, Nicky; Jaguar, the Enduring Legend; @1991 Color
Library Books, Surrey, UK; 160 p. illus color, 14 1/4"

A Footnote on the book "Genevieve, a Love Story" by Harry Smedley: for those of
you who haven't read it, Genevieve was his Jaguar Mark 9 saloon. Harry was a
member of our local Jag club before he died last year, and I was particularly
saddened to hear of some vultures pestering his widow trying to get the car
away from her at a cut-rate price.

Harry isn't the only one to publish a book about his car. I believe there was a
Japanese guy who wrote a book about his SS Jaguar 100 called "DLX 801" which is
the original English registration number.

Speaking of Masterpiece Theater, I loved the pre-war Aston-Martin in "Jeeves
and Wooster", the twin Rileys in "The Manhood of Edward Robinson", and the red
SS-100 in both "Piece of Cake" and "The Body in the Library", same car in both
flicks.