Spit/6, Spitfire stuff for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit/6, Spitfire stuff for sale
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1993 14:02:17 -0400
        Well, after much suffering, swearing, and general bad
feeling I got the spitfire shell on the GT6 frame.  It seems I
was the victim of several forces coming together at once.
First off, I forgot that British cars were not really built
that precisely.  Second, the car is old.  Third, my Spit had
been in an accident.  After much playing around, I found I
could get all the holes to line up except the driver's side
front outrigger.  This is where the car had been hit. I opted
(and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit it) to enlarge the
mounting holes.  The only other alternative would have been to
move the outrigger. I still think there is something amiss here.
When I measured my spit frame, it was definitely different from
the drawings in the Bentley manual.

        I have a fair amount of Spitfire stuff looking for a
good home as well as a few other goodies.

        spitfire:
                Frame (79 model, rust free!)
                Front suspension
                Calipers, rear wheel cylinders
                        (good pads and shoes included)
                Later slant type radiator
                doors (very nice)
                Header coupled with a stock exhaust system
                        (This is in great shape)
                More stupid rims than I care to admit
                        (two are the GT6 style I think)
                Rather stiff steering rack
                New front springs
                Very nice bonnet
                Lots of little things...

        Misc. stuff:
                triumph 6 cylinder block and head.
                        (I took the crank and rods)

        I'm asking 25% of whatever the current catalog prices
are if you insist.  Otherwise, make an offer (read- offer me
enough to make it worth my time to mail the stuff I'm not
trying to make any money)I'll send them to the scrap yard in a
few weeks, I can't keep 'em here.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S. I need a GT6 mkIII hood (bonnet).  I would definitely
trade for one.