'66 Spitfire - stalling problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '66 Spitfire - stalling problem
From: pat@fegmania.wustl.edu (Patrick Niemeyer)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1993 19:58:19 -0500 (CDT)
Hi, I just discovered your group, so I hope this is an appropriate question...

Any Triumph experts out there?

I have a '66 Spitfire that has some kind of intermittant
stalling problem.  It runs beautifully until it warms up, then
begins to sputter.  It really feels like a fuel problem, lurching
and then cutting out repeatedly...  and pulling the choke all the
way out does have a big affect.

I am not all that sure how to diagnose this type of thing.
I did replace the ignition wires, and I have a new fuel pump and
filters which I'm going to try soon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat (pat@fegmania.wustl.edu)