Re: England: Trip Report

To: archer@hsi.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: England: Trip Report
From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 13:53:05 MDT
> Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:18:39 -0400
> From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>

> BRITISH FORDS
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The new Mondeo is out.  I don't think its coming to the U.S..   Its a
> very stylish car.

I had a Mondeo as my rental car on a recent trip to Germany.  Indeed
it is a very nice car... very comfortable and nice handling as well.
Mine only had the 1.6l (?) engine, but was enough to propel the car
to nearly 200kph on the autobahn :-)  I was very impressed at how
silently and comfortably it would cruise at 160 kph (~100mph).

While there I managed to make some LBC sightings including a very
nice TR3, and an immaculate Big Healey.  I also sighted a few TR6's
(all tatty) an old Rolls Royce and scores of Mini's in all conditions.

-Steve-