Healey 3000 substructure, value?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 3000 substructure, value?
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 12:40:46 -0400
        As part of the on going, "My funding is up for review,
therefore I might have to move soon" terror, I want to get rid
a few big Healey spares I have around.  I have a 67 (BJ8 phase
II) substructure I want to sell.  I don't know how much it is
worth.  It is pretty rusty, but it is straight and undamaged.
I'm sure it can be repaired by someone with more tools,
experience, and time than I have.  What do you think its worth?
I also have a spare rear end, convertible frame, and rear
shroud that I could use help pricing too.

<on soapbox>

        I really hate the fact that simply putting Jag or
big Healey on a part makes it ten times more expensive than
those that say MGB and Spitfire.  The most time consuming
aspect of my Healey restoration is making money to pay for it.

<off sopabox>

Thanks for any advice.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S.  I got the book, The key to metal bumping, from Eastwood.
It contains a lot of good information about metal work.  Note
that it also covers tinning metal - Too bad i didn't get it a
few weeks ago in time to help out Roland