I JUST SAW A 420 G! RHD!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: I JUST SAW A 420 G! RHD!
From: Dangerous Dan <CSCON115@uoft02.utoledo.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 21:21:47 -0500 (EST)
Just this weekend I was fishing in Astubla Ohio. (One mile south of Lake
Erie and three miles west of Pennsylvania. It is the upper right most corner
of Ohio.) After fishing we at a dive called the Mayfair or Maysomething.

Next to this Meca of food ;-)   was a jag I could not quite ID.
The tyres were low, and it had that ring of dirt around it that happens
when a car just sits.

I went up and looked at it and it looked in Damn good shape for a sitting
car. The outside was gray and inside was Red leather. ( a 3 inch rip in
the back seat.)

Then it dawned on me,  (HOURS in the HOT hot sun can make you dizzy) HAY..
I say to myself...  The wheel is on the RIGHT SIDE!!

IT WAS RHD!!

After I stopped drooling, My girlfriend said..... "You have no more space
to keep any more cars!!! NO!"  So I did the manly thing and wimpered all
the way home. (ALL 3 HRS!! I live in the upper left of Ohio.)

I bet if anyone was interested, they could call astibula, get the diners
number, call the diner owner for the name/phone of the place next door,
call that place, find out who owns the jag, see if it for sale and how
much, get the car, restor it, and be happy for the rest of their life.

------------------------------  DEPRESSED DANGEROUS DAN

* .... (that cat) streched out a lazy claw and spiked a young onlooker in   *
*  his tracks.  It was too easy.  The great cat yawned and looked away.     *
*  - Car and Driver, (June 1990) : Jaguar's Glorious E-Type                 *
*             1966  E-Type Jaguar  Series I  (2+2)  4.2L  Triple SU         *
*             Internet address:    IN%"CSCON115@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU"         *