Spin on filter adaptors for Triumphs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spin on filter adaptors for Triumphs
From: johnl@kralizec.zeta.org.au (John Laidler)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 93 17:41:30 EST
If you're looking for a spin-on filter adaptor for your Triumph sportscarit's
worth remembering that some of them use the same engine as sedan
models which are quite widespread in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
The TR5 & TR6 engine is a twin of the 2000/2500 sedan, and the Dolomite
1850/Sprint engine was used in the TR7 and (doubled up) in the Stag. So,
here are some UK suppliers of oil filter adaptors for these two engines,
at 'sedan' prices. (I'm not familar with either the TR7 or Stag, so I
don't know if they share the woeful oil filter setup of the TR5/6..?).
Following prices have had VAT subtracted where quoted prices include
this.

For the 2000/2500/TR5/TR6:

Chris Witor, c/o Meadow View            17.50
Farthing Green Lane, Stoke Poges        24.50 with oil cooler outlets
Slough SL2 4JH
(this model widely used and recommended by members of the Triumph
2000/2500/2.5 Register)

Earlparts
Eyres Auto Repairs
Off Loscoe Rd., Opposite Wellington St.  16.50
Heanor                                   (no oil cooler version?)
Derbyshire DE75 7FG

Rimmer Bros.
Triumph House, Sleaford Rd.             21.50
Bracebridge Heath                       27.95 (for oil cooler)
Lincoln LN4 2NA

Triumph Restorations
Swansea, South Wales                    16.95
(no address details)
Ph. 0792 580564

and for the Dolomite/TR7/Stag(?)

Triumph Restorations (as above)         9.20 !!

...I think there are other suppliers in this last category. If you're
interested e-mail me. I might be able to get more details on the Welsh
supplier too.
John Laidler            johnl@kralizec.zeta.org.au
                        02 519-3912
at my kitchen XT, St Peters, NSW, Australia