Re: Sunbeam Alpine

To: dmy@mailgate.nyserda.org (David Young)
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Alpine
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 10:05:51 CDT
David Young writes:
>     I saw an add in the paper for 2 Sunbeam Alpines (different years),
>     one "Roadable" and one "Restorable" with lots of spares.  Asking
>     price was $2000.  Before I get too excited, what would a nicely
>     restored Sunbeam Alpine be worth?

Ads in Hemmings are offering Series 5 Alpines ('67 model year) for
$3500 for a "good condition" car.  Earlier series sell for less.  A
perfect Alpine is not going to go for much over $5000; the demand is
just not that high.

Depending on just how "roadable" the one car is, $2000 for 2 cars and
lots of spares sounds like it might be a pretty good deal.

As a twisted idea of fun, last night Susan tried to add up all the
money I've spent on my Alpine.  I'm closing in on $6000...  Worse yet,
she counted the times she's actually ridden in it:  5.5 (it didn't
make it home one time).  That's over $1000 per ride...

Sigh.  Oh well, as somebody famous whose name escapes me once said,
"If I had all the money I've spent on cars, I'd spend it on cars."
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA