Scotty Spotted!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Scotty Spotted!
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 93 08:46:31 EDT
Scott Paisley made it to Dayton and is now again on his way to Boulder
in his orange/red TR-6.  He reported no problems, aside from a
grinding noise coming from one of his rear brakes, which he and Mark
Dodd (I stopped after taking off the wheel for him, figuring there was
no sense applying my Midas touch and ending up with a third car on
jackstands) soon fixed in my driveway with a new set of shoes, well one shoe
anyway, as they couldn't get the drum back on with two new shoes so
they went with one old and one new.  My ill equipped garage had
neither a file nor a 7/8" lug wrench, forcing poor Scotty to unload
the his bikes and part of his trunk to get his out.  After he got it
back together, I got my first ever ride in a TR-6.  Very impressive.
The acceleration is just a bit stronger than my MG (well, much stronger
than my MG, as it is on the aforementioned jackstands.)

Actually, it was very embarrassing to have the first ever SOL
gathering in Dayton with Scott's car being the only operable lbc
there.  My MG is apart and Mark's is leaking out the differential.
I'm sure we will hear from Scott about the superiority of Triumphs
after this.  Aside from lack of MG's, we had good time and it was
really neat to meet one of the faceless names off this list.

Today he has to cross Lake Mississippi.  :-(

Still MGless,

Bob
bobj@meaddata.com