Grand Rapids, MI

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Grand Rapids, MI
From: rsp00@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Roger S Peng)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 93 14:12 PDT
Everytime I see a MG or Triumph go by, I always tell myself I should
get one. But every time I read the British Car List, hearing about the
problems, and everytime I look at my Jag leaking fluid in the garage,
my enthusiasm gets dampened.

Damn British cars! why can't they make them more reliable? I don't mind
if a car breaks down once a month, but my experience is that British cars
always have something wrong with them, even if you rebuild the whole car!
Even normally reliable American parts, once you put it into a British
car, it's going to start acting up!

Maybe the Brits and the Japanese should get together; have the Brits
design the car, then have the Japanese build it. How many of you would
like to own a Triumph TR8 or a Jag XJ6 that requires no repair?

                                        Roger Peng