Re: MG Summer Party

To: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: MG Summer Party
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 08:04:11 PDT
<Anyone know anything about John Twist's MG Summer picnic?  Seems
I'm going to be in "GRR" the 18th - 22nd of August.  Anyone know if it's
going on and where it's being held?>
Jim,
You're in luck: John's Summer Party is August 20-22 this year.  It's
centered at the Grand Rapids Hilton on 28th Street right off Interstate
96. The Saturday car show is in a nearby park and the vintage races are Sunday
at Gratten Raceway, also nearby.  John is a low-key guy and the event reflects
that.  I've been attending  since 1988 and a group of 5-6
cars from Rochester (NY) will be there again this year.  You can show up
in your Triumph because there is a class for "British Other Than MG",
but all the other classes are for MG's.  I'll have a SOL windshield sign on
my Dove Grey MGA 1500 roadster.  Hope to see you there!
George Haynes