now it can be told

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: now it can be told
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1993 12:32:01 PDT
My efforts to surprise John Lye with our new old Morris succeeded,
mostly, so now I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Pat and I bought a '61 Morris Minor Traveller on July 5. It's black,
with a decent but tired interior and complete but in need of care wood
trim. There's a 1275 in place of the original 948, apparently the
original smoothcase tranny, and a new(er) Midget pumpkin mated to the
original banjo axle (neither one has a filler hole, something I need to
fix). The 1275 has dual HS2's and what appears to be a Midget
manifold/downpipe.

It had 27737 miles on the clock when we bought it, and I'm sort of
inclined to believe that's correct (not +100,000); the car has sat a
lot for the previous 10 years, and most of the wear seems to be age, not use.

The fellow we bought it from said he used it twice a year, to deliver
Easter eggs and Christmas presents. I believe that, too, since when we
were discussing some odd fuel gauge behaviour, he said he had never put
gas in the car!

At any rate, it runs fine, and has proven to be reliable around-town
transportation. I've just ordered five new Michelin tires from Coker to
replace the random collection of worn bias ply units. There are lots of
little things to do, but the most pressing right now is to swap in
front disk brakes.

Does anyone have hubs, rotors and calipers from a Midget that they'd
like to be rid of?