Re: Need price info on a Mini Minor

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need price info on a Mini Minor
From: grif@win.icl.co.uk (Phil Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 93 10:08:06 BST
Hello there,
        I can't give a figure of the value in the US of this mini,
however being a '61, (a MK 1, outside door hinges) it shouldn't have an
1100cc engine!  If it were a '71 clubman (square front) then it could have
the 1100, I think that there were later 1100 minis.  The Mk 1's (both
the Morris mini minor and the Austin mini 7) were fitted with the 848cc
A series (850), it shouldn't have synchromesh on first gear + the wonderful
Mk1 low ratio gearbox.  So I would guess that if it is as you describe it's
not original - hence its value as a collectors car would be less.  However
if it actually is a Morris mini cooper S with the 1071cc engine then its
quite rare.

Phil.