Escort

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Escort
From: gerry@hostel.affil.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 15:58 EDT
Adrian writes :
> This is probably a long shot as its about a contemporary car
> but I thought I'd try the group. My father has a ~82 Escort
> with a 1600 OHV engine, and the water pump has failed. The pump

If I remember my Escort history, this is NOT the Pinto engine. The only
Escort that had the Pinto engine was the MKII RS2000. When the Mark III
Escort was introduced in 1981(?), they were fitted with the newly
developed CVHH engine. This is an OHC , but is not related to the Pinto.

Whether it was a completely ne design or a natural development from the
Pinto, I don't know. In 1992, when the Mark IV Escort was introduced,
they initially came withe the CVHH engine, but has now been superceded
by the Omega (?).

Gerry.

PS - This is from memory, and as such may not be 100% correct.