Re: Land-Rover ploughs on

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Land-Rover ploughs on
From: Mike Jeffreys <mjj@muppet.bt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 14:31:12 BST
I have just skimmed through an interesting piece on Range Rovers. It
seems that all the old Range Rovers can be up graded to new
specifications with minimal problems (as all (most?) external panels are
unstressed and bolted onto an inner structure), e.g. :

2 door to 4 door,
anti-roll bars,
dashboards,
tailgates.

Someone I know made his Range Rover a convertible by unbolting and
removing the roof!

Re:
        The Land-Rover, renamed the Defender in 1990, is now available in
        three model types, hard or soft top, petrol or diesel engined, with
        a choice of three lengths of wheelbase.

I believe that there is now a prettied up Defender that is aiming to
compete with the likes of the Suzuki Vitara. (alloys, stripes, roll
bar, wide arches .....)