SOL, etc.

To: iainw@bnr.ca, british-cars@autox.team.net, mjb@triumph
Subject: SOL, etc.
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 9:02:17 -0500 (CDT)
"Iain (I.) Woolf" <iainw@bnr.ca> writes:
>I've been receiving and reading the britcars digest for a couple of
>weeks now and worked out what 'lbc' is (little british car, right?)

or Leaking Brit. Convertible, etc.

>but I am still stumped by 'sol' ('Son of Larry', 'saggy or limp',
>'sort of lazy', etc. don't seem to fit the contexts) - could someone
>enlighten this newcomer?

Iain:  Scions Of Lucas.

Mark: Isn't all this in the obligatory "startup message" sent to all new
list members?  Is the message still being sent to new members?

>(And what is the design on all this sol
>merchandise everyone is going on about?)

This has become a common question too.  Perhaps the logo information, and
even ordering information should be included in a new version of the FAQ?

Hmm, I must not have enough to do today -
Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726