Frustration....

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Frustration....
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 15:55:57 -0500
This has been one of those days.

I took a day off work to drive my family around some (both of our vans are in
the shop) and thought, since I was getting some stuff from VB, TRF and SIC, I
could make some progress on the GT6...

Hah!

First, the seal kit from VB is missing the door seals. The waist seals look
like real cheapies, and the clips which the order taker told me came with the
kit didn't. So I can't clip on the door seals anyway. The body plugs from TRF
were fine, but as I popped them in, I found more holes and I don't have
enough. I'll have to order more. What a waste. Then I thought I'd take the
seats out. They are rust welded in. I'm going to have to use the Dremel and
cut the mounting bolts off under the car. And while I was down there, I found
a small rust spot that the body man must have decided to ignore...

The temperature is about 95, as is the humidity, and I got 4 hours sleep last
night. I'm sure things will look brighter tomorrow...

Anyway, I'm going to cut the seat bolts tonight and get the seats out. I'll
put in all the plugs I have, then order more.

Oh, BTW, the parts from Special Interest were wrong, too. Guess I'll learn
about their return policy.

Think I'll go take a nap...

Larry