TR6 advice - or - lbc vs. LBC

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 advice - or - lbc vs. LBC
From: Scott.Currier@Ceram.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 16:33:23 MDT
The owner of Rocky Mountain Healey (a one man shop that restores 3000's
in my town) has a 76? BRG TR6 for sale.  As some of you know, I'm partial to
LBC's (Large Brit Cars, like my Roller) and PBC's (Pseudo Brit Cars, like
my DMC), but this little Triumph has struck my fancy.

The owner has kept the car in very nice shape.  The interior is flawless,
the top is near new, and the car runs strong and tight.  He wants $3500
for the car.  Being a newbie to lbc's, and not having done my homework
yet, I'm gonna ask:

Is this a good price?  What common defects should I look for?

He is willing to stand by the car, and service it (although I generally
don't let other people work on my cars)

He claims he's selling the car since his Healey's are more dependable.

(Triumph owners: HE SAID IT, NOT ME, and he's admittedly biased :-)

I'd be tempted to get one of his Healey's, but his restored cars
start at $25k (ouch!) and they're all red (I like the BRG with tan leather
on the TR6)

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,

Scott (contemplating another source of oil stains and skinned knuckles) Currier

Scott.Currier@Ceram.COM