What lube goes in the Gearbox/rear diff?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: What lube goes in the Gearbox/rear diff?
From: jpjensen@hwking.cca.cr.rockwell.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 10:48:20 -0500
There has been a lot of discussion about the correct gearbox lube recently.
This is partially why I am confused. All this talk about fluid dissolving
seals and syncros and the maintainance manuals being wrong has got me so
worried I'm afraid to even check the fluid let alone replace it:^)

I have a '73 TR6 (no overdrive) that probably needs the fluids changed in
the gearbox and the rear differential. What is the correct lubricants to use
for these two jobs? What have you all had good luck with in the past?
Any help would be appreciated.

It has finally stopped raining every day here in the midwest so that I can
actually start putting in some good road time in my lbc!
Thanks much....

John Jensen