GT6 seat removal / UPS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 seat removal / UPS
From: "Jester" <jester@dev2.invlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 17:37:47 EDT
GT6 Seat Removal
================

  I have had to remove my seats from my Spitfire so many times that I
  can't remember, but I found that it was easier to undo the two pivot
  bolts first and then the four bolts from the slider.  The only problem
  that I had was then getting the two pivot bolts to stay on and not
  be so tight so as to make pivoting the seat difficult.

  With putting new carpets and insulation under the seats I was wondering
  what the net thought is about putting spacers between the rails and the
  new carpet so that th carpet could breath under the rails?  I have a new
  set of carpets to put in from Vicy Brit so I want to make them last as
  long as possible!

UPS
===

  Though I am in the US right now I used to live in Vancouver.  While
  there I used to order stuff from Vicy Brit all the time.  I never had
  all the kinds of problems that others have had.  I had my boxes marked
  with what the contents were, and UPS delivered the boxes for the S/H
  carges that are listed in the back of Vicy Brit's catalogue.  As for
  the duty and taxes well there was a little envelope on my packages
  from Customs which said that the duty was X and the taxes were Y and
  to send a check to Victoria for Z! Simple - no muss, no fuss!

  My only gripe with UPS is that they charge $5/week to have an account
  with them, they charge $5 for coming out to pick up a package, and they
  have too few people in the office to handle customers which results in
  waiting in line for a long time!

Jester

__ i now have the time to work on my cars, and even if I had the money the
   cars are 3000 miles away from me!  For two years! :( __

--
| Jester!              | 1982 Honda V45 Sabre, present                    |