RE: Jag 3.8S idiosyncrasies (story)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, drabik@solaris.gatech.edu
Subject: RE: Jag 3.8S idiosyncrasies (story)
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 13:35:35 PDT
     On Tim Drabik's self-starting jaguar:

     >>My guess is that it is a short in the starter switch
     itself rather than a short in the harness. Think about
     it, after so many years of you forcing the switch to
     close every time you want to start the car, finally
     the switch just gives up and closes by itself. Huh !
     then you want it open !
          Seriously, I've had two cars "self start", and
     both problems ended up being in the starter switch
     itself. Daren says check it out .....

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com