HELP ! MGB competition pistons wanted !

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP ! MGB competition pistons wanted !
From: ad793@freenet.carleton.ca (Frank Condelli)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 07:15:47 EDT
I am posting this message for a friend who has just got the surprise of
his life while rebuilding his MGB motor.  Pistons were marked STD. but two
were broken on the sideweall so a new set of pistons were purchased.  When
he tried to fit them they went in tooooo easily.  Definitely tooooo
small.  After investigation it was discovered the previous owner had
rebuilt the engine with British Leyland competition .080 oversize pistons.
The problem now is he can not find new pistons.  Does anyone out there know
where we can find four competition pistons for this poor MGB???????????
The pistons are marked HEPOLITE #17472A  .0080 OS.  also it seems the
British Leyland #CAJJ3375 is for the same pistons

Sure hoping someone out there can help!

Frank Condelli * Carp, Ontario, Canada * 613-839-5334
E-mail to:  ad793@Freenet.carlton.ca.