Re: "Buick" V8 + Range Rover for Sale

To: british-cars@transfer.stratus.com (british-cars)
Subject: Re: "Buick" V8 + Range Rover for Sale
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 8:02:15 MDT
> The tools were then sold to Rover (the Buick version) and they subsequently
> came out with the Rover 3500. To my knowledge they have since put it into the
> up market Land Rover, the TR-8 and Morgan used it in the +8. I am not aware of
> any other applications.

For more info than you probably want to know about the development and
use of this engine, download and uncompress the file:

           hoosier.cs.utah.edu:/pub/sol/rover_3.5L_V8.text.Z

If that's not enough for you, order the book "The Rover V8" by David Hardcastle.

Hummmm, I wonder if one of these would fit in the Damler...

BTW, There is a bargain priced Range Rover for sale around the corner from me:
     1983, 53K miles, light blue, light hit on the front drivers
     corner, twin ZS carbs, priced around $6K (I can't remember
     exactly).

/\      Lawrence Buja
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________