Re: Drive this coming weekend

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drive this coming weekend
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 10:34:51 PDT
> Scott,
>
> This is implied but I just wanted to make sure:  Is it safe to assume that
> the stops at San Gregorio GS and Norm's Market will be before lunch?
> What I'm getting at is can we buy lunch fixings along the way or should
> we pack something to bring along?

I realize I neglected to tell the rest of you:

Yes, we'll be making both stops before lunch.  San Gregorio has simple
but cheap food -- sandwiches, Odwalla juice, hard-boiled eggs.  (It also
has a bathroom, an essential element if you've been sucking down the
coffee at breakfast.)  Norm's has more interesting stuff, especially
the fresh artichoke focaccia.  The third stop will be at Bonny Doon
winery about 11:00 or 11:30, where we will have a special private
tasting on the patio.  After that we will be leaving to head to the
picnic site, which is a grass airstrip off to the right side of Empire
Grade road.  Lots of parking, and a really lovely view.  Lunch will be
about 12:30.  After that we'll be heading through Santa Cruz, then up
to Hallcrest Vineyards in Felton, then back over the hill to Saratoga
and back to the 280 to close the loop.

I've printed out directions, BTW, and will be handing them out
tomorrow morning at the Elk's Lodge in Palo Alto.  I'll be there
by 9:00 or so, in the (um) "support vehicle."

--Scott "But I'll be wearing a tweed cap and an AMGBA T-shirt" Fisher