Engineless Sunbeam wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL)
Subject: Engineless Sunbeam wanted
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 93 13:58:25 CDT
Had an interesting conversation with a dogcatcher yesterday...

First some background.  We've been having some trouble with our pet
cat.  He's old and ornery.  A couple of times recently people in the
area have had to call us to come get him out of their yard or garage
or whatever.

Thursday, just after I got home from work, the doorbell rang.  My wife
answered, and nearly fainted; it was an animal control officer.  He
was responding to a call in the neighborhood and had seen my
partially covered Alpine in the driveway, and wanted to talk about
buying it.  He has a Ford 289 engine and is looking for a solid
Sunbeam body/chassis to install it in.  Anyone out there know of one?

Turns out this guy also has a Rover 3500 which is beyond recovery, and
a Peugeot 604 turbodiesel with a dead engine, so he's going to
transplant the Rover V8 into the Peugeot.  He also mentioned that he
had a Dodge Caravan with an overtired 2.2L engine (140K miles), and
that he found a Daytona Turbo 2.2L in a junkyard.  You guessed it:
Turbo Caravan!

We BS-ed about Britcars for a while, then he went around the corner to
his call.  Susan left for her aerobics class.  A little while later
the doorbell rang again.  It was the dogcatcher again.  The call he
was responding to was regarding our cat!  Kind of embarrassing for
both of us...

Anyway, I promised him I'd send a request to the list about the
Sunbeam body.  If you know of anything, reply back to me or call Sam
Lewis at 205-859-5084 evenings.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA