The Sterling

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: The Sterling
From: CM515A09@FULLERTON.EDU
Date: 05 Oct 1993 12:12:38 -0800 (PST)
Hello all.  I am a first time contributor to this friendly little talk group.
I have a 1987 Sterling 825 SL that is in such sorry state -- yet I still
can't help loving it!  I find this is the case with many British car and
truck enthusiasts.  Quite frankly, the quality is less than par, but the
emotional appeal is second to none!
>Does everyone agree?  I wouldn't trust the Sterling over our Acura on a cross
country drive any day, but the Acura is bland compared to the elegant and
couth Sterling.  What are everyone else's thoughts on this subject of
quality vs. emotional appeal?  And what exactly is it about British cars
that we all love so much?
--Brad Nevin