[HELP] Rover/Triumph interchangeability

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [HELP] Rover/Triumph interchangeability
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 18:23:51 EDT
        I found a Rover 3500 in the junkyard. Of course I snagged the V8!
I was looking at the front brakes and noticed they look very familiar. :)
The one odd thing was the calipers appear to have one large cylinder on the
inside, and two small cylinders on the outside! Three piston calipers?!
...anyway, I remember seeing a book on the "TR8/Rover 3500". This seems to be
implying they have similar chassis with some interchangeable parts. (I hope)
Does anyone out there know if the front brakes are swappable between the TR7
and the Rover 3500? I am going to drop the V8 into my TR7 and I want to uprate
the brakes at the same time.

Am I nuts?  or should I grab the brakes before the car is crushed?

Also needed:
                3.5L V8 to 5-speed bellhousing
                3.5L V8 flywheel

Thanks for any help!