FTPing.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: FTPing.
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 17:29:05 MDT
Hi All!

Just a little trick I recently learned:

Instead of logging onto FTP servers with the customary:

Name: anonymous

You can now use :

Name: ftp

- I tend to be a rather lazy and sloppy typer so the shorter my login
name is, the better. "ftp" is only 3 letters long versus the 9 letters
in "anonymous".

You might want to try it (if you can get out of the habit of typing
"anonymous" every time you see this prompt.

On an LBC note:

TR7 V8 is still running great! I've got about 200 lb of engine parts
now in the trunk and the car is starting to stick real well to the
pavement. I noticed the other day that I don't have any reverse lights
(I think I used to have them working) so I'll have to track this problem
down. My Pop-Up headlights also have siezed motors so I'm going to have
to rebuild them (One won't even manually raise anymore!).

Has anybody had any success rebuilding TR7 headlight motors yet?
(Have you gotten anywhere with yours Jody?)

Also yet to be done: Uprated springs for the front (and maybe the back).

I will ask for the third time:

Has anybody come across a commonly found spring to fit a TR7?
(being in Canada, the wreckers are well stocked with Japanese and
American cars.)

Thanks.

Greg.
--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.
'78 Mazda RX7.
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.