ignition switches and engine paint...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switches and engine paint...
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 93 14:38:08 CDT
I've figured how to get my igntion switch off...(Hacksaw),
but, I get my lovely new ignition switch out of the box (original Austin
Rover part!!)  to check the wiring and find on the new switch there is
an extra wire.

The old switch has five wires coming out of it, the colors of which match
the new switch, but the new switch has an extra grey colored wire.
Does anybody know where this goes...or what it is for? I have looked
at the wiring diagrams in the Haynes, and I can't see anything near the
ignition switch which is grey. The box has '74 MG Midget' written on
it in black marker (the local import shop ordered it for me). Perhaps its
the wrong switch?? (Its a '74 Midget by the way).

Second thing...
I would like to paint the engine, is there an official color(our). I can
remember reading soemwhere about olive green. Can somebody
put me straight and suggest a brand.

Thanks once again
Marcus