Re: Re: VALSPAR,the magic enamel

To: phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Re: VALSPAR,the magic enamel
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 93 08:27:52 pdt
> From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Subject: Re: VALSPAR,the magic enamel
> To: cmech.utas.edu.au@postoffice.utas.edu.au
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 22:13:39 -0500 (CDT)
>
> A paint manufacturer here in Minnesota, USA is now called Minnesota
> paints, but it used to be called Valspar.  I don't know if there is a
> connection.

Yeah, I remember seeing Valspar paints in hardware stores sometime back;
but I don't think it was the same paint Sergio mentioned.  Perhaps
it was made by this company at one time, though.

Several years ago when I was scrounging the local library looking for
information on auto restoration I came across a really old book that had
a chapter on a coach painting process similar to what Sergio described.
Apparently that's the way it was done before spray paint technology was
around.  Guess there's no reason why it wouldn't work today, given the
right type of paint.  Perhaps sign painting enamel?

Roland