GT6 catalogs and parts info

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 catalogs and parts info
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 10:34:43 PST
Hey all,

Since I am about to embarque on the money spending phase of the GT6mk3
restoration, I want to make sure I have all the requisite catalogs and
parts info.  Right now I have:

TRF..........................Spit and TR6 catalogs
Vickie Brit..................Spit/GT6 catalog
Special Interest Car Parts...Spit/GT6 catalog

What other catalogs should I have in the filing cabinet?  I sent away
for Moss catalogs but they blew me off, I guess.  I plan on sending
off for info from British Frame and Engine, British Parts Northwest
and TriumphTune (England).  Am I missing anyone? In addition to info
on GT6 parts, I also need sources of good new and used parts for the
TR6 engine.  I plan on rebuilding the GT6 as a TR6 engine, so I need
to get a TR6 crank, etc.  Speaking of etc, do I need to get a double
chain timing gear/chain setup? The GT6 uses a one row chain.  If I can
go either way,  I assume the double row chain would be advantageous
but would it be worth the money?  SOmeone mentioned that TriumphTune
had a lot of info on this GT6->TR6 conversion.  Is there some special
publication or pamphlet I need to ask for when I write to them?

One final topic:  I assume that the Triumph Sport Six Club is a good
group to join if one owns a GT6.  Can someone post an address and
membership info?  I know I have it somewhere, but I can't seem to find
it!

Also, if this is all a big rehash of Freq. Asked Questions, I
apologize and you all can just e-mail direct to me.

Thanks!
Tim