Lotus for sale /// R.I.P. Innes Ireland

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus for sale /// R.I.P. Innes Ireland
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 16:15:17 -0500 (CDT)
The two subject entries are not necessarily related, just saving bandwidth.

I just learned of the death of Innes Ireland, age 63.  A Formula 1 driver
in the 50's and 60's, I believe that his only F1 win was in a Lotus, and
was possibly the first win for Lotus, in 1961.  Can anyone confirm?

Taken from rec.autos.sport:
From: broberg@sunwise.uwaterloo.ca (Robert Broberg)
Subject: LOTUS FOR SALE

*** FOR SALE:

  LOTUS ELAN SPRINT
  - Manufacture Date: 4/72
  - Left-hand drive, convertible roof, uprated suspension
  - 57,000 miles total; 21,000 miles on overhauled and balanced engine
  - Never winter driven
  - Asking $24,900 US

  Call Scott at 1-519-742-5576 (Kitchener, Ont, CANADA) between
  23:00 & 02:00 GMT.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726
      "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug."