Replacement Jag bodies

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacement Jag bodies
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 12:11:55 -0400
        I recall that someone on this list bought a new Jag body
from England.  I was wondering about the cost and quality of the
replacement.  I have been putting together an estimate for the
restoration of a friends Jag 120.  A place I trust quoted me
about 12,000 to rebuild the body (up to a primer coat of paint).
It seems like this would be pretty close to the cost of a replacement
body.  Just as a data point for someone interested in having their
car restored, it looks like we're going to spend about 17,000 just
to rebuild the frame, suspension, and sheetmetal.  The cost of rust
repair is pretty incredible!

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu