Re: Of Rotaries, Europas, and 215s...

To: toms@stones.sharebase.com
Subject: Re: Of Rotaries, Europas, and 215s...
From: min@Kodak.COM (Mark Niedzielski v1.4)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 14:03:20 EDT
|From woodstock!stones.sharebase.com!toms@uunet.UU.NET  Mon Oct 25 19:21:11 1993
|
|What size brakes are on the Europa?  Do they run 9.75 dia. Stanpart brakes
|as are found on the GT6 or 9.00 inch ones a la Spitfire?

I have been trying to get a definitive answer on this issue for quite
some time.  I understand that two different diameter disks were used
on GT6s; but I don't know the sizes, which models used which, or if they
use different calipers.  Corresponding master cyliners and wheel cylinder
sizes are also probably good to know.  I do know that atleast two different
brake systems were used on Europas (S2 vs. TwinCam).  I also know that a
bolt-on upgrade exists that is bigger than the brakes fitted to the Europa
Specials (the largest to come from the factory).  But again I lack the
specifics.  Any info (either GT6 or Europa related) would be great.

|--toms.
|For a Europa though, I would get the cosworth 4-valve heads that they
|used to run in Formula Atlantics to 11000 RPM (with 58 DCOEs).  They
|mount right on the little Ford engines that came on the twincam europas.

Know where I can lay my hands on one?  I've got the rest of the car...

Thanks.

Mark