'77 Midget not starting...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '77 Midget not starting...
From: Flavius@learnlink.emory.edu (Steven R. Kopec)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1993 16:18:10 EST
Hi there...

                        I own a '77 Midget that I recently replaced the engine
in.  The engine
turned fine and I got it to crank once and start.  I then had to turn the
car off to get it to let go of a friend who was helping adjust the timing,
because he was getting shocked by the Distributor.  Since then we haven't
been able to get it to turn over again, and the starter has appeared to
fail.  It seems to engage but won't turn over in anyway.  The only change
that has been made between the old engine and the new one(besides the fact
that the new one works(worked)), is that we have changed from a standard
fuel pump to an electric.  We grounded it inside the engine compartment(on
the coil housing), and were able to start the car(until the distributor
shocked my friend).  Any ideas?

                        Beyond that little unknown problem, the only things
remaining to get
underway again are bleeding the brakes and the clutch...shouldn't be too
bad...Has anyone ever had experience bleeding the clutch on a Midget?  From
what I've read in the manual and seen from under the car, it's relatively
easy...seems only a matter of time and patience.  Any differing opinions,
or advice?

Steven

Steven R. Kopec              "Are you lonely, Are you lost?
flavius@learnlink.emory.edu   This voice console is a must...
skopec@unix.cc.emory.edu      I press execute..."  -Kate Bush
These opinions may be mine or they may not be...you decide.