Re: Gas tank (was: BGT gets new petrol tank)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank (was: BGT gets new petrol tank)
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 12:24:28 PST
When I had Sarah's gas tank fixed, I removed all the jute padding that
had soaked up water and allowed the tank to rust. The TR4A-6 tanks are
bolted tightly to the frame (unlike the 2-3), but there's padding there
as well, apparently to do some noise dampening or protect the tank on
the way in/out.

I replaced it all with some closed-cell foam of about the same
thickness, held down with upholstery glue. This stuff can't absorb
water, and looks rather nice.

I have lots more if you'd like some and think it will do some good.